How do I engage with my local support networks during the coronavirus (Covid-19)?

Your local council might have information about local groups that are being set up to help those in need due to coronavirus (Covid-19).

Covid Mutual Aid UK is a group of volunteers supporting local community groups organising mutual aid throughout the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak in the UK. They provide resources and connect people to their nearest local groups, willing volunteers and those in need. Visit their website for more information.

In some areas, local Facebook groups are bringing together people in the community to support the most vulnerable. Search on Facebook to see if there are any local to you. Please make sure you only accept help from someone you know and trust; or who has been recommended by a trusted source.

The Co-op have launched an online community platform called Co-operate, which aims to connect individuals to local and national organisations who need support, and can support, during the crisis. Co-operate will evolve as the situation changes. Visit the Co-operate website for more information.

RNIB's Sightline Directory also has details of local societies that may be able to signpost you to local support.

If you have difficulty accessing Facebook or getting online, RNIB's Technology for Life team, who are part of our Sight Loss Advice Service, can provide assistance. For more information call RNIB on 0303 123 99 99.

If you are struggling financially to access food supplies, see I’m struggling financially, how can I get essential food supplies?

For further information on helping people with sight loss in your local community during the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, visit RNIB's website

General information on the coronavirus (Covid-19) can be found on the coronavirus web pages, along with additional information for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The governments vulnerable list was closed to new registrations, as most of England were advised that they no longer needed to shield from the 1 April 2021. Further guidance on the support still available can be found on the shielding guidance web page. Contact your local authority if you need urgent help getting essential supplies and cannot rely on supermarket deliveries, family, friends or neighbours.

This service is available in England. If you live in Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales further information can be found on the following links:

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by