I still need to travel to work, how do I do this?

The Government's advice in England is still to work from home where you can. If you cannot work from home and your workplace is open then you should go onto work. 

Try to avoid using public transport where possible, if you do have to use public transport it is mandatory to wear a face covering.

You should ensure that you are 2 metres or 1 metre plus apart from anyone outside of your household. For information on social distancing, see How do I practice social distancing? 

If you still have to travel to work, Access to Work is a grant scheme run by Jobcentre Plus. Access to Work helps towards any extra employment costs that result from a disability, including equipment and travelling to work. For more information, visit their website.

Further guidance on travelling to work and staying safe outside your home can be found on the gov.uk coronavirus (Covid-19) web pages, along with additional information for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

If you need further advice or support during this time, please call RNIB on 0303 123 9999.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by