I've had to pay towards my Council Tax, is this right?

If you live in England, Wales or Scotland, only certain properties are exempt from Council Tax, so it is very likely that you will have to pay something towards your council tax bill.

How much you have to pay depends on your circumstances. It is worth checking to see if you can take advantage of any of the four schemes below that could reduce your Council Tax bill. Although the four ways are not specifically for blind and partially sighted people, one or all of them may apply to you.

  1. Your local Council Tax support scheme that helps people on low incomes (the Council Tax Benefit scheme no longer exists)
  2. The disability reduction scheme
  3. Single person's discount
  4. Second adult rebate

Further information about council tax including an eligibility checker can be found on the Gov.uk website.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by