I feel like I can't cope - can I talk to someone?

Losing your sight or realising your sight is deteriorating, can be difficult to cope with, as it can affect so many different aspects of your life.

There are many different types of help available from emotional support groups to one on one counselling. For example many specific eye condition charities have helplines and counselling services that you can contact. There may also be a smaller charity or support group in your local area that can help you, as well as connect you with others who have experienced what you are going through. These people are important as they will be able to provide you with some valuable insight, support and advice.

You can find your nearest local charity or support group on the Sightline Directory by entering your postcode and the search words 'counselling' or 'support group'.

RNIB offer a Sight Loss counselling team, further information can be found on RNIB's coming to terms with sight loss web pages.

The Macular Society offer a telephone counselling service for those affected by Macular eye conditions. For further information contact them on 0300 30 30 111.

The Samaritans is a round the clock support service and can be called at any time from any phone for free:

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by