Can I get money off my council tax?

For those living in England, Scotland and Wales there are four different ways in which you could reduce your Council Tax bill. Not all four ways are specifically for blind and partially sighted people, but one or all of them may apply to you:

  1. Your local Council Tax support scheme (helps people on low incomes)
  2. The disability reduction scheme
  3. Single person's discount
  4. Second adult rebate

Further information about these schemes and how they may apply to you can be found on RNIBs Reduce your council tax bill web pages.

For those living in Northern Ireland you may be eligible for a Disabled Person's Allowance which entitles you to a 25% discount in your rates.

The discount applies to any household where a person with a disability lives and the property has been adapted or has additional facilities added to suit the disabled person's needs.

For further information you can call the Land & Property Services (LPS) on 0300 200 7801.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by