I've had a stroke, who can help me with my sight loss?

Orthoptists (experts in diagnosing and treating defects in eye movement and problems with how the eye works) play an essential role in assessing and managing many of the visual problems that may be the result of a stroke. Visual training with or without optical aids can be led by orthoptists as well as professionals in Low Vision and Optometrists.

In addition, doctors, physiotherapists, speech therapists, rehab workers, nurses and occupational therapists all play a major role in the rehabilitation and recovery process of people who have had a stroke. If you experience any visual difficulties following a stroke, it is important that you have your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist.

You can also seek advice and support from the Stroke Association's Helpline:

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by