How do I donate my or my relative’s eyes for treatment or research purposes?

If you live in Wales, you're automatically opted-in to donate your organs through "deemed consent". If you don't want to be a donor, you can de-register (opt out) on the NHS organ donation website.

If you live in the rest of the UK you need to register (opt in) on the NHS organ donation website or carry a donor card.


If you wish to donate your eyes to science please see the National Eye Research Centre or Human Tissue Authority websites or contact them directly:

National Eye Research Centre

Human Tissue Authority

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by