I've had a sudden change in my eyesight, what should I do?

Any changes you notice in your eyesight should be checked. Many eye conditions can be treated, and the earlier the treatment starts the better.
If your vision changes suddenly, contact your optometrist (optician) or GP immediately or call 111 for advice.

Seek immediate attention if you:

  • Notice a sudden change in your vision
  • Lose all or part of your vision in one or both eyes
  • Have an accident involving your eyes
  • Suddenly start seeing flashing lights or floaters in your vision
  • Have double vision which starts suddenly and is constant
  • Experience pain in your eyes
Depending on your symptoms, you might need to go to the Accident and Emergency department at your local hospital.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by