How do I transfer my CVI registration when I change address or move to a new area?

If you move to a different area, you need to give a copy of your certificate of vision impairment (CVI) to the social or sensory services of your new local authority. This will make it easier for you to get help.

If you don't have a copy of your certificate (CVI) you can:

  • ask the hospital department where you were last registered to send you a copy
  • contact your old local authority and ask them to forward a copy to your new local authority.

Some local authorities will contact hospitals or other local authorities on your behalf, however others may not wish to do this, due to data protection issues.

If you need further information about CVI's please view all the questions in the Registering sight loss section of this FAQ as it contains a range of questions around CVI's.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by