What can I do if I think my hospital or doctor has been negligent?

If you feel that your hospital or doctor has been clinically negligent in the diagnosis or treatment of your eye condition then you should get specialist legal advice as soon as possible. This might lead on to you making a formal complaint through the NHS Complaints Procedure or even taking legal action.

You could try contacting the charity Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA).

AvMA operate a free and confidential Medical Accident Helpline that offers advice and support. They can refer you on to an appropriate solicitor if necessary. You can call them on 0845 123 2352, Monday to Friday, 10am - 3.30pm

The AvMA website also has a number of useful leaflets that explain more about making a complaint to the NHS or private healthcare provider, taking legal action and accessing medical records.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by