Is there any funding available to help my child with a vision impairment access social activities?

Local authority social care direct payments, can be made to parents and carers aged 16 or over. This includes people with parental responsibility for a child with disabilities. Following an assessment, direct payments can be used for a variety of services which offer a child stimulation, new experiences and independence. These include:

  • short breaks
  • help to go to a youth club or other activity
  • personal care
  • employing somebody to provide support for your child
  • child care services and holiday time

For further information and how to apply contact your local authority. You can find your local authority on the Sightline Directory, by entering your postcode and the search words 'local authority'

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by