My child with a vision impairment has other complex needs, is there any extra support?

The Council for Disabled Children has a wide variety of information, including a section specifically for parents of disabled children. The information covers topics such as understanding the levels of care in the NHS, how to prepare for appointments and what to expect along with practical parenting tips.

The National Network of Parent Carers forum has around 150 local groups across England. The National forums address the big issues, champion specific themes, and with Local Parent Carer Forums, identify common priorities, to ensure that information and experiences are shared so that service delivery can be influenced at a national level. It also enables you to be kept up to date about national developments and makes sure parents and carers are represented in national strategic planning about services and provision that will affect disabled children, young people and their families.

Contact is a family support organisation for families and carers of children with additional needs who can introduce you to condition-specific support groups.

Seeability provide specialist support, accommodation and eye care help for people with learning disabilities, autism and sight loss.

Sense provides support for children and adults and children living with complex disabilities and those who are deafblind. Sense helps people communicate and experience the world.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by