Where can I get advice and support if my child with a vision impairment would like to learn to play an instrument?

RNIB's music advisory service can offer advice and support with learning and reading music, including how to learn to play music by ear and techniques for memorising music. They also have information on music in education, music events, music awards and funding.

The Amber Trust, based in London and created to help visually impaired children with a talent or a love for music, may be able to provide a grant, which you can use to help your child access music lessons, music therapy sessions, musical instruments, music software and even concerts and music events.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by