My child has a vision impairment, are there any grants available?

There are a number of charities and organisations that supply grants especially for children. Which can help towards the cost of equipment, activity breaks, respite care and family support.

VICTA - can provide help towards iPads, computers, laptops, BrailleNote takers and activities.
RNIB - offer technology grants.
Guide Dogs - can provide help with the cost of computers, laptops and BrailleNote takers, screen readers or magnifiers multi-sensory toys and other related equipment.
Family Fund - can help towards household items, specialist IT equipment, toys and respite breaks.
Happy Days – can provide respite care, holidays, day activities and experiences.
Newlife - can provide specialist equipment and sensory play items.
Buttle Trust - can provide support for children in crisis.
Caudwell Children - can provide help with family support, equipment, respite breaks, treatment and therapy.
Lifeline 4 Kids - can provide essential equipment to help improve the quality of life for children with disabilities and special needs.

Henshaws have a list of grant awarding charities which you can request via an online form on their website or by calling them on 0300 222 5555. It includes organisations that may be able to fund the purchase of technology, equipment, education or in some cases day to day living expenses.

You can also approach your Local Lions, Rotary and Roundtable clubs which sometimes offer grants and funding. You can find these and other organisations on the Sightline Directory by entering your postcode and the search words 'grant' or 'funding'.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by