How can I become a rehabilitation worker for people with sight loss?

Rehabilitation (rehab) workers provide essential training and advice to enable blind or partially sighted people to learn and develop the right skills to ensure they are able to get around safely and continue to do the everyday activities that are important to them.

Most rehab workers are employed by a local authority social services department or a local society.

You will need to complete a clearly defined qualification which equates to Foundation Degree/BTEC Professional Diploma level. Qualification is currently only available through Birmingham City University (BCU).

In 2018 a new Apprenticeship Standard 'Rehabilitation Worker (Visual Impairment)' was introduced and is currently only available in England. The two year study for this course would also be undertaken at BCU.

Further information can be found on the Rehabilitation Professional Networks training web page.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by