I'm not happy with my social care what should I do?

The Coronavirus Act 2020 may change how local authorities assess your needs and provide support over this emergency period. Please read RNIB’s social care web page for more information. For up to date advice tailored to your circumstances, please call the RNIB Helpline on 0303 123 9999, from 8am to 8pm weekdays or 9am to 1pm Saturdays.

There can be disputes between you and your local authority or health and social care trust. This could be because of delays, their decision about your eligibility for support, the level of your care package or the cost of what you have been asked to pay.

You may need to lodge a complaint with your local authority or Health and Social Care Trust. 

There are different complaints procedures across the UK which you can read more about in RNIB's guides to social care which can be found on their website.

If you are based in Northern Ireland you can get further advice and help with challenging a decision from Law Centre NI’s Health and Social care hub.

Complain about your care agency

If the local authority is funding your care then you can complain to them (as well as the care provider) about the care you are receiving. RNIB have some template letters on their website to assist you with this.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by