Can I get help with my debts?

It'S always recommended that you talk to the company that you owe the debt to first. They may be able to work out a reasonable payment plan with you, some companies such as utility providers, may even have a hardship fund that can help you out.

Local Citizens Advice Bureaux usually offer debt advice and you can finde details of your local service by contacting the relevant country:

England and Wales


Northern Ireland

There are many other reputable, free, face-to-face debt advice providers including;

National Debtline

A Helpline that provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems as well as a detailed website with useful sample letters and other resources to help you deal with your debts yourself. It is part of The Money Advice Trust, a registered charity.

Step Change Debt Charity

Are a charity providing debt advice and can also provide a free debt management plan.

You can also find a local provider and seek additional advice and support through Money Helper.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by