How do I challenge a decision on my PIP claim?

Sometimes the DWP/DfC makes the wrong decision, even if you have filled out your claim pack well. You can ask the DWP to look at their decision again if you are unhappy with it and wish to dispute it. This is called a “mandatory reconsideration” and must be requested first. You need to do this within one month of the DWP’s initial decision. If you can, you should send the DWP any additional evidence you have, for example a care diary or a supporting letter from a medical professional or a support worker you are in regular contact with, to help your case.

If, after the DWP have reconsidered their decision, you are still unhappy with the outcome and wish to dispute it, you can then lodge an appeal with HM Courts and Tribunals Service.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by