How can I adapt my teaching to include a child with vision impairment in my class?

Seek the advice of a Qualified Teacher of children with Vision Impairment (QTVI) from your Local Authority’s Vision Impairment Service. Their role is to assess a child's visual needs, oversee support arrangements and training of mainstream support staff and advise on curriculum access strategies.

If you live in England, you can find contact details for your local VI team on our Local Offer database.

If you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you can find your nearest local VI team on the Sightline directory by entering your postcode and the search words “teacher” or “child support.”  

Further information can also be found in a number of useful guides on RNIB's Teaching and learning guidance webpages.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by