Do I need a new Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI) if my eyesight deteriorates further?

If your vision deteriorates further your consultant opthalmologist would have to determine if you now meet the criteria for severely sight impaired. If you do they will then certify you as severely sight impaired and send a copy of the new certificate to your GP, local social services and Moorfields. Your local social services team would then update the register they hold.

If you need further information about CVI's please view all the questions in the Registering your sight loss section of this FAQ, as it contains a range of questions around CVI's.

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by