How do I get rehabilitation?

The most common way to access rehabilitation services is through the process of registering your sight loss with your local authority.

You can also request rehabilitation by:

  • contacting your local social services directly, explaining that you are struggling due to your sight loss and that you would like an assessment of your needs
  • visiting your high street optician, who can arrange an assessment
  • contacting your hospital eye clinic, who can request an assessment.

You can find your nearest local social services on the Sightline Directory by entering your postcode and the search words 'social services' or 'local authority'.

If your eye clinic has an ECLO (Eye Care Liaison Officer) you can also ask them for advice.

For further information on registering your sight loss see How do I register as blind or partially sighted?

Did this answer your question?

Related questions

Brought to you by